Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Thanks to Charlotte Skiles of Eat in Peace Wellness Consulting
- 6 -8 new potatoes, diced
- olive oil
- herbs, de provence
- sea salt
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef or 1 lb buffalo
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 eggs, whisked
- tony chachere's cajun seasoning
- dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss diced potatoes with olive oil, herbs de provence, salt and pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes on a cookie sheet or dish that you may want to line with greased tinfoil for easy clean up.
- At the 10 minute mark, stir the potatoes to keep them from sticking.
- Bake until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
- While potatoes are baking, cook beef on medium heat in a sauce pan. Meanwhile, dice garlic and onion.
- When fully cooked, remove beef from pan, place in a bowl and set aside. Add butter to skillet and sauté garlic until its aroma is released, then add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Whisk eggs and add to onion and garlic, scraping and stirring constantly until eggs are cooked.
- Turn off the heat on the stove top, then add back the beef and mix thoroughly, finally adding the potatoes.
- Season to taste and add parsley for color.
- It is very nice topped with salsa and/or cheese.
- This can easily be made ahead of time in a large batch.
- While this is a breakfast suggestion, it makes an excellent lunch or dinner as well.