1 hr 15 mins
Creamy, cheesy, meaty, and a savory sauce between layers of fresh cooked pasta. I found this recipe in a cookbook several years ago. This was the first Lasagna I ever made. My future hubby and I loved it and thought it tasted so very good. I felt it was so easy and simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 37 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 quarts water
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles
- mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1Prepare sauce by browning in saucepan onion, garlic and olive oil.
- 2Add tomatoes, parsley, basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste, and tomato paste.
- 3Simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Prepare meatballs by mixing thoroughly ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, beaten egg, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Shape meatballs and brown in olive oil then add meatballs to sauce.
- 6Simmer 30 minutes.
- 7While sauce is simmering, boil 6 quarts of water.
- 8Add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- 9When boiling rapidly, slowly add lasagna and cook as directed.
- 10Drain well.
- 11Before arranging casserole, separate meatballs from sauce.
- 12Crush meatballs to allow for proper spreading between layers.
- 13Arrange casserole with several tablespoons of sauce on bottom, then a layer of lasagna and several slices of mozzerella cheese.
- 14Next add 4 to 5 tablespoons ricotta and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 15Finally, spread 1/4 of the sauce and 1/4 of the crushed meatballs.
- 16Repeat, ending with a layer of lasagna, sauce and top with grated cheese.
- 17Bake 20 minutes in moderate oven at 350.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Neapolitan Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 3146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 21.7 g