Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy, cheesy, meaty, and a savory sauce between layers of fresh cooked pasta. I found this recipe in a cookbook several years ago. This was the first Lasagna I ever made. My future hubby and I loved it and thought it tasted so very good. I felt it was so easy and simple to make.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 37 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 quarts water
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles
- mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- Prepare sauce by browning in saucepan onion, garlic and olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste, and tomato paste.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Prepare meatballs by mixing thoroughly ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, beaten egg, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape meatballs and brown in olive oil then add meatballs to sauce.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, boil 6 quarts of water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- When boiling rapidly, slowly add lasagna and cook as directed.
- Drain well.
- Before arranging casserole, separate meatballs from sauce.
- Crush meatballs to allow for proper spreading between layers.
- Arrange casserole with several tablespoons of sauce on bottom, then a layer of lasagna and several slices of mozzerella cheese.
- Next add 4 to 5 tablespoons ricotta and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Finally, spread 1/4 of the sauce and 1/4 of the crushed meatballs.
- Repeat, ending with a layer of lasagna, sauce and top with grated cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in moderate oven at 350.