Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tired of scraped fingers from trying to shell oysters for your favorite recipie? Here's a simple, quick, no-hastle appetizer (or aphrodisiac) that tastes delicious.
- 12 fresh nanaimo oysters, in their shells (or any other Pacific oysters)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse whole oysters and place on a cookie sheet (flater side up).
- Bake on center rack in oven for 15 minutes (shells may pop open slightly).
- On individual plates, lift off top shell of each oyster, and place on each a teaspoon or so of melted butter with a bit of lemon juice added.
- Enjoy while still warm, and great with ice cold beer.