Recipe by Sassy in da South
A baked nacho dip that you can assemble early and refrigerate, then bake just minutes before serving.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, diced, including tops (or any mild onion)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the refried beans and taco seasoning mix together for layer #1.
- Mix the sour cream and evelope dry onion soup mix for layer #2.
- Layer #3 green chiles; layer #4 black olives; layer #5 scallions; layer #6 tomatoes; layer #7 Mozzarella cheese; and layer #8 can tomatoes & green chiles.
- Layer the ingredients in the order given in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- You may cover and refrigerate at this point.
- Heat thoroughly in a 350 degrees F oven until bubbly, then serve with tortilla chips.