Recipe by Rise`
A simple spicy mustard and garlic variation for baked chicken.
Top Review by JustJanS
I hate to mark low, but the mustard in this was very over powering. I halved the amount for 4 breasts, and I wish I had just put a smear on each one. I love mustard, but it really did dominate. I plan to make this again, but I think I will mix 2tbsp mustard and 2 tbsp mayonaisse to tone it down. I also cooked the breasts for 30 minutes total, and they were cooked to perfection (in my oven). Sorry Rise to take your recipe apart.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a blender or food processor puree the mustard, garlic& spices.
- Cover each piece of chicken throughly with mixture.
- Coat each piece with bread crumbs (you may need more bread crumbs depending on the size of the chicken breasts).
- Grease lightly or spray a casserole dish.
- Lay chicken breasts in the casserole dish.
- Add two tablespoons of water, cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 30 minutes.
- I like to serve this with new potatoes and steamed brocolli sprinkled with coarse garlic salt (Lawry's is the best).