Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple spicy mustard and garlic variation for baked chicken.
Make and share this Baked Mustard Garlic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a blender or food processor puree the mustard, garlic& spices.
- Cover each piece of chicken throughly with mixture.
- Coat each piece with bread crumbs (you may need more bread crumbs depending on the size of the chicken breasts).
- Grease lightly or spray a casserole dish.
- Lay chicken breasts in the casserole dish.
- Add two tablespoons of water, cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 30 minutes.
- I like to serve this with new potatoes and steamed brocolli sprinkled with coarse garlic salt (Lawry's is the best).
I hate to mark low, but the mustard in this was very over powering. I halved the amount for 4 breasts, and I wish I had just put a smear on each one. I love mustard, but it really did dominate. I plan to make this again, but I think I will mix 2tbsp mustard and 2 tbsp mayonaisse to tone it down. I also cooked the breasts for 30 minutes total, and they were cooked to perfection (in my oven). Sorry Rise to take your recipe apart.
If you like garlic, you'll like this recipe! I made this last night and it was wonderful. I skimmed to about 1/3 cup on the bread crumbs for 2 chicken breasts. Thanks,Risë - it'll be staying in my recipe file!
We used 2 T mustard and italian breadcrumbs. It came out really great. We will use this recipe again. Thanks!