Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is recipe comes from an 1942 copy of Good Housekeeping. My mom makes it every year for St. Patrick's Day and it is Divine.
- Rinse Beef.
- Cover with cold water.
- Add bay leaves and peppercorns and bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes. Remove scum.
- Cover kettle and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 2 - 2.5 hours or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove to shallow baking pan.
- Dot with whole cloves.
- In small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Cook until blended.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting occasionally.