Baked Mussels With Pesto Breadcrumbs
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add wine and mussels; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels, and reserve cooking liquid.
- Allow mussels to stand until cool enough to handle. Open mussels, and discard top shells. Detach meat, and return to bottom half.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Pour 1/2 inch kosher salt into a large baking pan. Place mussels on top of salt in baking pan. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of reserved cooking liquid over each mussel. Top with heaping teaspoon of breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Serve immediately.