susie cooks's Note:
Another recipe from my favorite magazine, Coastal Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add wine and mussels; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels, and reserve cooking liquid.
- 2Allow mussels to stand until cool enough to handle. Open mussels, and discard top shells. Detach meat, and return to bottom half.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- 4Pour 1/2 inch kosher salt into a large baking pan. Place mussels on top of salt in baking pan. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of reserved cooking liquid over each mussel. Top with heaping teaspoon of breadcrumb mixture.
- 5Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mussels With Pesto Breadcrumbs
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.2
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 1250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: