Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a bit different in that the prepared mussels are baked rather than steamed. I have not tried this yet, but plan to in the near future.
- 3 lbs mussels
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, shopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Place cleaned and debearded mussels in an oven proof pot with a lid to cover. Add all ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1/2 hour. Stir well. Serve with some nice crusty bread.