Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 7 tablespoons butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- French bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°; butter a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the casserole in an even layer and top with the sliced garlic.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve the mushrooms with slices of French bread.