Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
These are a deviation of the standard garlic/cheese filled mushrooms and are mouthwateringly good. Can be served as a first course or as a side dish.
- 6 mushrooms, large brown
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup brazil nut, finely ground
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Chop stems and fry with onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and nuts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Stuff each mushroom with the breadcrumb mixture and place in baking dish.
- Stir together cream, ketchup and lemon juice and pour this around the mushrooms.
- Bake for 25 minutes.