Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Large portobello mushroom caps topped with bacon bits, crunchy onions, juicy tomatoes and melting mozzerella cheese! Or if you prefer a touch of Asia, try replacing the bacon bits with minced chicken/pork mixed with a dash of salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Equally yummy!
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 50 g bacon bits, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Wash mushrooms before removing stems.
- Add a dash of pepper to bacon bits.
- Chop garlic, onions, tomatoes into equally small bits and mix with bacon.
- Grease foil on oven tray and place each mixture-filled mushroom on it.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzerella cheese (or shredded cheddar) over each mushroom.
- Bake in oven for 130C to 150C oven for about 15 min or until cheese has melted.
- Serve them hot!
Yum! This was an excellent version of stuffed mushrooms that I will certainly be using again. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring '09.