Recipe by yooper
A great side dish when you're serving steak or a nice beef roast!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a wonderful mushroom recipe. I substituted minced garlic for the garlic powder. Just a personal preference. Otherwise I followed the recipe. The sauce was rich and flavorful. A very easy recipe to prepare. Serve this as a side dish with roasted chicken. Umm umm good. Thanks yooper :)
- 3 lbs small fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or 1 tablespoon ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1/4 cup butter for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream and tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Pour over mushrooms.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.