Recipe by Nana Lee
I love mushrooms, which is ironic because when I was a kid my father would take me mushroom hunting. I hated mushrooms so never paid attention to his instructions except to pick the ones he pointed out. Somewhere along the way in life I began eating mushrooms and now LOVE them. So when I come across an unusual recipe for them, I save it. This is one of them. This recipe is featured within our Tried & True Slow Cooker & Casserole cookbook @ http://allrecipes.com/slowcooker/ Submitted by: Maryanne "You can vary this easy rice side dish by adding different spices or meat."
Top Review by ~Leslie~
MMMM delicious! I cut the recipe in half to suit our family and served it with chicken for Sunday night dinner. It was a big hit with everyone, even my picky 5 year old. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the white rice, cream of mushroom soup, and vegetable broth. You can use any kind of broth here.
- Blend in the onion, mushrooms, parsley, oregano, melted butter, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- If the rice is looking dry before it is tender, then pour in a little water and continue cooking until rice is tender.