Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mix it all together and bake! I have modified the recipe to take into account the reviews.
- 2 eggs (or 4 eggwhites)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 125 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Mix together eggs, cheese, basil & oregano.
- Add tomato, onion and mushrooms. Season to taste.
- Spoon mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 25 - 30 minutes.
This was a great breakfast! Very light, fluffy and tasty. Easy to put together, then throw into the oven while you do other things, then come back to a hot breakfast! I converted everything to US measurement....seems like an awful lot of ricotta or not enough eggs. I baked it at 350 and it took 35 minutes before the middle was set. Next time, I think I will add an extra egg or two. I'll make this again.....thanx for posting this!