My friend Windy gave me this recipe the other day. It was easy to make and was a nice change to those recipes that call for a can of 'cream of this or that soup'. Friday's Pal has this recipe posted but she has a couple of extra ingredients in her's. I made extra when I fixed this so we are having it again tonight.
- Flatten chicken if needed, as you want it to fry quickly.
- Put flour in a zip lock bag and coat the chicken lightly.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown chicken about 2 minutes per side and place in a greased baking pan.
- I used my Pamper Chef's stone cake pan and did not have to grease it since my stone is nicely seasoned.
- Sauté mushrooms in the same skillet until tender.
- Add broth, salt and pepper to mushrooms and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. You want to reduce the liquid by about half of the original volume.
- Spoon over chicken and bake uncover in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and top with the green onions returning to the oven to bake for 5 more minutes.