Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
My friend Windy gave me this recipe the other day. It was easy to make and was a nice change to those recipes that call for a can of 'cream of this or that soup'. Friday's Pal has this recipe posted but she has a couple of extra ingredients in her's. I made extra when I fixed this so we are having it again tonight.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Flatten chicken if needed, as you want it to fry quickly.
- Put flour in a zip lock bag and coat the chicken lightly.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown chicken about 2 minutes per side and place in a greased baking pan.
- I used my Pamper Chef's stone cake pan and did not have to grease it since my stone is nicely seasoned.
- Sauté mushrooms in the same skillet until tender.
- Add broth, salt and pepper to mushrooms and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. You want to reduce the liquid by about half of the original volume.
- Spoon over chicken and bake uncover in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and top with the green onions returning to the oven to bake for 5 more minutes.
This was a really, really, good dish. I added onion powder, paprika and pepper to the flour. I didn't pound the chicken thin, just baked it longer. I used fat free mozarella cheese, and it melted just fine. I'll definitely make this again.
YUMMMM! I loved the lightly breaded chicken. It was a nice addition to the sauce and cheeses. I used baby portabello mushrooms and it was fantastic. This was very rich, so I served it over mixed grains & rice to even it out. I will be making this again, but with sauteed onions instead of fresh green ones. Thanks!
Excellent! The chicken came out super moist and delicious. I added some beer to the mushrooms. I also added 1 Tablespoon of corn starch to 1/8 cup of cold water, mixed well. Then added to the broth mixture in the last minute. It was the perfect amount for the chicken, but next time I will use make more broth for the rice.