Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my family's favorite chicken dish. It has great flavor and is so easy to make!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Flatten each chicken breast half to ¼ in thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tbls butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11”x 7”x2” baking dish. In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to boil; cook for 5 min or until liquid is reduced to ½ cup. Spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered @ 375 degrees for 15 minutes Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 mins longer or until juices run clear.
I like the simplicity of this dish and yet it looks quite fancy when you serve it. I added a few thinly sliced onions to the top of each breast. Excellent recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Delicious, my family loved it! Which is saying something because they don't like mushrooms. I used whole wheat flour and extra virgin olive oil in lieu of butter to make it a bit healthier. I put it on top of some wild rice, and I will be making it again!
LOVE IT! My husband who doesn't cook made this and it came out WONDERFUL! He added a little diced garlic to the broth because he has to have garlic in everything but besides that he follwed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing, we will make this one again!