Recipe by Rick B(2)
A true mushroom lovers delight! This recipe should definitely go on your "must try" list.....
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Didn't realize I had grabbed beef broth instead of chicken broth until it was too late. Everyone in our house gave it three or four stars when made with beef broth. I will make it again sometime with the chicken broth and adjust our rating as needed.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 Tbs)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream (half and half)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup saltine crumbs (about 25 squares)
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in butter until soft.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except Paprika) in a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and onions (mix well) Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Garnish top with small amount of Paprika.
- Baked covered in a 350 degree F oven for 30 mins.
- Remove cover and bake for another 30 mins.