Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A true mushroom lovers delight! This recipe should definitely go on your "must try" list.....
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 Tbs)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream (half and half)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup saltine crumbs (about 25 squares)
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in butter until soft.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except Paprika) in a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and onions (mix well) Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Garnish top with small amount of Paprika.
- Baked covered in a 350 degree F oven for 30 mins.
- Remove cover and bake for another 30 mins.
We love shrooms so I knew we would love this casserole, and we did! Next time I think I will add a Tbs or two of Dejon mustard for a little more flavor .I also omitted the salt.
DH loved really enjoyed this! I used cheese crackers, did not add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and used vege broth instead of chicken. Have a feeling I will be making this again soon! Thank you Rick B(2)
VERY, VERY good! I love this recipe and will make it many times! It was perfect with Chia's Crispy Braised Duck Legs. I forsee it being a great dish for the holidays, and I'm going to email it to my family and friends! Took about 5 minutes to throw togeher too, so that's a bonus... I am on low carb diet, so subbed lc crumbs for the saltines and that was fine! I will try subbing parm. cheese next time. I added a splash of marsala wine to the egg mixture and that was nice, but I don't think the recipe needed it. Just my taste.