1/1 Photo of Baked Mushroom Bacon Rice
Thanks go to NurseDi for inspiring me to create this side dish, based on her Mushroom Oven Rice. The butter gives the rice a lovely rich quality, so I'd advise against substituting margarine. I think it would be an ideal side for any meat. It is also an easy offering for your next potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml uncooked basmati rice
- 8 slice bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery (optional)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion (optional)
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms (more if you're not using the celery and onions)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth or 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- dried oregano
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 425 F or 220 C.
- 2If you are using a fan assisted oven, you can cut the heat by about 10 percent.
- 3In a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté the rice and bacon for two minutes.
- 4Add the celery, onion and mushrooms.
- 5Cook and stir for a further 2-4 minutes, until the vegetables just start to soften.
- 6Pour into a large casserole dish.
- 7Stir in the broth and garlic.
- 8Add a generous amount of black pepper and a couple pinches of oregano.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mushroom Bacon Rice
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.7
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 845.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 12.1 g