1/1 Photo of Baked Mushroom and Cheese Penne
Another web find -- looks yummy!! My husband is not a huge fan of marinara, so I am always on the lookout for something a little different! This looks easy enough to adapt to various types of pasta as well...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, whole
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 10 ounces penne (about 2 1/2 cups dry pasta)
- 3 ounces bel paese cheese, cubed (or any creamy, mild cheese such as Havarti, Fontina)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Saute the mushrooms and whole garlic clove in 2 tablespoons of the butter over a high heat.
- 2Add salt and pepper, lower the heat and cook for about 3 minutes. Discard the garlic.
- 3Cook the pasta according to package directions and individual taste. Drain, and mix with remaining 2 tbs butter.
- 4In a large casserole dish that has been greased, add a layer of cooked penne.
- 5Top layer of penne with about a quarter of the mushrooms and the sliced cheese and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan.
- 6Repeat layers until you have used all the ingredients, finishing with a layer of sliced cheeses.
- 7Pur over the cream, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake, covered with foil, in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- 8Bake uncovered for a further 10 minutes, or until a light crust has formed on the top.
- 9Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mushroom and Cheese Penne
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.8
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 233.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bel paese cheese