Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I originally got the idea for this recipe from http://www.internationalfood4u.com , but I changed it to fit the items I most often have and a method that I feel works better.
- 2 large tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- basil (fresh or dried)
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Cut tomatoes into thick slices, and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Salt and pepper lightly, add basil (as much or little as you like) and cook tomatoes for 10 minutes, or until tender but not mushy.
- 5. Turn off oven. Top tomatoes with cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Allow to sit in hot oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.