Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From local grocery store
- 6 mozzarella string cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove cheese from package and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg until foamy.
- Mix Italian seasoning and breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip one piece of string cheese in egg until coated and then into bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Re-dip cheese in egg and breadcrumbs, if desired, for extra crispy sticks.
- Repeat with remaining string cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce.