Recipe by jAcQuiE_7
Tasty & easy finger food for anytime of the day!!
Top Review by ladypit
Pretty tasty. I'm not sure what was served by cutting the cheese in half. We would have preferred whole ones. I used 3 egg whites as was recommended by a reviewer. I also did not use the 2 tbsp. of butter. I just sprayed them with some nonstick spray. For my breadcrumbs I used some regular and some pretzel pieces and then left off the salt. These would be great at a finger food dinner or for the super bowl. But you need to eat them right away because they cool quickly!
- 2 (5 ounce) packages mozzarella string cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- *Remove cheese from packages; cut each cheese stick in half crosswise.
- *Combine flour and cornstarch in a shallow dish. Beat egg whites with water in another shallow dish until well mixed. Combine bread crumbs, oregano and salt in a third shallow dish.
- *Coat cheese with flour mixture. Dip into egg white mixture, being sure to coat thoroughly, including ends. Coat with bread crumb mixture. Dip into egg whites and bread crumbs a second time, being sure ends are coated. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Freeze at least 1 hour.
- *Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Drizzle cheese sticks with melted butter. Bake until crumbs juswt begin to brown, 5-7 minutes. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
- *ENJOY! :0 ).