Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like extreme heat then throw in another jalapeño and some Tabasco, this could also be made omitting the jalapeño if desired, my family likes it really hot so I use 3 large jalapeño with the Tabasco :)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing!)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (or use 1 small onion)
- Tabasco sauce (add in for more heat) (optional)
- 2 small fresh jalapeno peppers, divided seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together shredded mozzarella cheese mayonnaise, fresh garlic, olives, onion, 1 jalapeño pepper and Tabasco (if using).
- Spread the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with garlic salt, then remaining jalapeño pepper.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve hot or warm with tortilla chips.
The whole family loved this dip. The only complaint, was that it was a little too salty. So I think next time I will cut out or cut back the garlic salt and increase the minced garlic instead. I used low fat Hellmans for the mayo. I also left out the optional hot sauce. But if you enjoy a little bit of heat, I suggest you use it to give this delicious dip a kick!
Yum! I made this for Superbowl Sunday, and it was gone in minutes. It was a bit different than I had expected- thicker, I think. Next time I will add a touch more mayo for creaminess (I used light), and definitely more jalapenos and hot sauce as it was a bit too mild for my taste. With those little tweaks, I would give it a five. Also, the recipe calls for parm. cheese but never says what to do with it... I sprinkled it on top after the garlic salt. Thanks for an easy, yummy crowd-pleaser!