Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good and easy recipe, start to finnish in less than 1 hour. The recipe comes from Ronzoni.com
- 3 cups mostaccioli pasta or 3 cups other pastas, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen spinach, chopped,thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Cook pasta according to package directions for 7 minutes, drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together spaghetti sauce and water, stir in pasta; In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and milk until smooth, stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pasta mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish; Spread cream cheese mixture over pasta; spoon remaining pasta mixture on top; Cover with release foil, bake 30 minutes; remove foil, sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Very good recipe. We rarely make baked pastas so I was so pleased when we enjoyed this dish as much as we did. The flavours are really good together and I found it just the right amount of creamy mixture. I measure my pasta in oz, for this one I used 5 oz.
Exactly what I needed for my files. Am trying to build up my casserole collection (especially pasta ones). This is great - thanks for submitting.
This is EXCELLENT! Quick easy and delicious! I love that you can add some veggies and the kids don't even notice. Creamy and cheesy! THANK YOU BARB!