Recipe by Redsie
From Country Ground Beef.
Top Review by heatherlangston23
OMG this is sooooooo good! My kids goobled this up and then asked when I would make it again! lol I did leave out the mushrooms (no one in my family likes them) but other than that, made as is! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!
- 8 ounces mostaccioli noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, mushrooms, water, salt, sugar, basil, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf. Stir in mostaccioli.
- Spoon half into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; layer with remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 ° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.