1/3 Photos of Baked Mostaccioli
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Adapted from Joyce's Fine Cooking. TNT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook mostaccioli until al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- 2In skillet, combine meat with onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook until meat is browned breaking up meat chunks as you go. Drain fat.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients to pan, except egg and cheeses.
- 4Bring meat sauce to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5While sauce simmers, combine egg and ricotta cheese until smooth.
- 6To assemble, stir cooked pasta into meat sauce.
- 7Place half of pasta mixture in a large casserole dish.
- 8Spread cheese mixture evenly over the top, then cover with remaining pasta.
- 9Bake, covered, at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mostaccioli
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1107.8
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 255.9 mg
- Sodium 1571.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 61.1 g