Recipe by LindseyKay
This is one of my most requested recipes from friends and family and a great way to take the unhealthy fried salmon patty to an entire new playing field. You can serve them as a main course or even make mini sliders for a great party food.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 lb salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- breadcrumbs, for coating patties
Directions See How It's Made
- Aioli: In a food processor or blender combine mayonnaise, garlic, and paprika. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Salmon Cakes:.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions using the 2/3 cup of orange juice in place of water.
- Combine the cooked couscous,salmon, drained spinach, drained pineapple, egg yolks, garlic, cumin, black pepper, and salt. If mixture is too wet, let sit for 20 minutes to absorb liquid.
- Form into patties and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place cakes on cookie sheet lightly srpayed with pam or olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping onece mid-way through cooking.
- Serve with garlic mayonnaise.