Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
From the winter 2006 edition of Kraft Food&Family magazine
Make and share this Baked Monte Cristo Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 Kraft processed cheese slices (Kraft 2% milk singles)
- 24 slices shaved smoked ham (Oscar Mayer)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Top 4 of the bread slices with cheese, ham, and remaining bread slices.
- Beat egg whites and milk in shallow dish or pie plate.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, turning to coat both sides (let bread soak about 5 seconds on each side(.
- Place sandwiches on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 6 minutes; turn. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until sandwiches are golden brown.
yummy! I just made these tonight on wheat bread and they were fabulous! I also used swiss cheese which I prefer and it turned out great!