Recipe by ~Bliss~
Good sammich, cold beer, warm fire!! Who needs a date??
Top Review by Bobtail
This sammy is very good! I did have it for breakfast without the beer! LOL! I reduced the recipe down to one serving and added a slice of ham along with the turkey. It was simple to prepare and turned out just right. I cooked this is a very small casserole dish so the egg mixture cooked close to the sammy. This made it more of a knife and fork dish. Future plans include the beer! LOL!
- 4 slices swiss cheese (1 oz)
- 4 slices cooked turkey (1 oz)
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dijon mustard, for dipping sauce
Dijon mustard dipping sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 slice each of cheese and turkey on each of 4 bread slices.
- In pie plate beat eggs, milk, and dry soup mix until well blended.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, spooning onion pieces onto bread.
- Make sure all egg mixture is used.
- Place butter in 10x15" inch jelly roll pan.
- Set in preheated 450 degree oven a couple of minutes to melt butter.
- Carefully place sandwiches in pan and drizzle any remaining egg mixture over them.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn sandwiches and continue baking until golden brown.
- Serve with dijon mustard dipping sauce.
- Sauce: Mix well and then chill until ready to serve.