Recipe by Mindy W.
I got this recipe from a magazine a long time ago. Everyone enjoys this recipe and its fairly easy to make.
Top Review by JPsBarbie
I made this as written with the exception of using 2 pork tenderloins instead of chops and was not disappointed. (I needed something I could pack for my husband's lunch and was afraid pork chops would dry out when he reheated it.) The pork came out very tasty and extremely moist and tender. He even managed to reheat it without it turning into cardboard so I will make this way again.
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy pan, heat 2 Tbsp oil on high and brown both sides of the meat.
- Put the brown pork chops into a deep casserole dish. Heat the remaining oil and saute the onion and garlic till golden. Pour in chicken stock, wine and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the liquid over the chops, cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350°.