Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted in response to a request, I have not tried this recipe. However, it does sound ono (delicious) & quite easy.
- Place frozen coconut milk in a glass mixing bowl and cook in microwave oven for three minutes.
- Break apart any frozen chunks and continue to cook one to three minutes longer, or till thawed.
- Add water and brown sugar; mix well.
- Stir in mochiko and baking soda; mix until smooth.
- Pour into buttered 8 inch square baking dish and cook 15 minutes, rotating dish a quarter turn every three minutes (if not turnable).
I like this kind of treat, but I would not suggest serving it to people that are not used to Asian food. It's veeeery different from American treats. Most people thought it tasted like eggs. The edges got really hard from being in the microwave and were reeeally hard to chew. I was told that was the best tasting part though. Again, I liked it but I eat Asian food all the time.
(Side note: I do not suggest eating this with braces. One of my ligatures popped off into the mochi...)