1/2 Photos of Baked Mexican Rice - Vegetarian
A tomato based Mexican rice. Can be made the day before and re-heated (easy for entertaining). This resembles our favourite Mexican restaurant's rice dish that I love. If you double, add extra cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the oil in a saucepan (medium) and cook the onion until translucent.
- 2Add the garlic, cumin and chilli and fry over a medium heat until fragrant (about 1 - 2 minute).
- 3Add the rice, stock and paste, stir to combine.
- 4When ALMOST to the boil, transfer to a 2 litre (8 cup) capacity oven proof dish with a lid.
- 5Cover and bake at 180oC for 35-40 minutes (or until cooked).
- 6Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mexican Rice - Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: