Recipe by Tina Klein
Slide this in while your enchiladas are cooking and have a wonderful side dish.
Top Review by mama smurf
Fixed this tonight to go with Recipe#381996#381996 and Recipe#326700#329700. I used a garlic sausage and added some canned diced tomatoes that I had left over. It made for a good side dish. Made for My-3-Chefs, Nov. 2009.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) jar button mushrooms
- 8 slices chorizo sausage or 8 slices garlic sausage (chorizo is very spicy, useAccording to taste or mixWith garlic sausage for Less spicy flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Add the rice and seasonings and brown th rice lightly.
- Add the mushrooms, sausage and enough boiling stock to come 1 inch above rice.
- Cover with tight lid and bake in a 350 oven until liquid is completely absorbed about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.