Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has been a favorite with my family for years. It's so easy to make, just pour the sauce over the chicken and bake! You can use boneless or bone-in chicken thighs. Serve with my Simple Spanish Rice and a crisp green salad for a quick and satisfying meal.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken in 1 layer in baking dish.
- Combine all other ingredients, pour over chicken.
- Cover, bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, bake an additional 15 minutes.