Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Adapted this recipe for my mom who is on Atkins and working hard to stick to it. Simple and flavorful.
Top Review by Yummy#3
Loved it! I cut the recipe and only cooked for an hour (cut breasts in half). Served w/ Baja Black Beans, Corn and Rice http://www.recipezaar.com/Baked-Mexican-Chicken-227162 and sliced avacado sprinkled w/ a touch of salt and lime juice. Super easy dinner!
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in a 3 quart casserole or 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Combine salsa, red bell pepper, cumin, lemon juice, chili powder and garlic. Pour salsa mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours until chicken is cooked through. Serve with grated cheddar on top if desired.