Kozmic Blues's Note:
This dip is a great starter for a Mexican Themed dinner night. I'm not too wonderful with "precise measurements", so please use the spices listed to you own taste. I sometimes will add diced, fresh tomatoes on top when they're in season. Also, some green onion on top is always nice too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces grated cheese, I like sharp cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 chili powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- shredded lettuce
- tortilla chips, for scooping
- 1Mix black beans with cumin, coriander, chili powder and cayenne pepper and spread over the bottom of an over-proof baking dish.
- 2I don't usually measure the spices, so please use them to your own taste.
- 3(I'm a bit heavy handed with the cayenne pepper!) Sprinkle the grated cheese over top of the beans.
- 4I usually sprinkle a little chili powder or cumin on top of the cheese to give it a little color.
- 5Bake in preheated oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling slightly.
- 6Remove from oven and spoon sour cream evenly over the top of the cheese.
- 7Add shredded lettuce, jalapeños (if using), and top with fresh cilantro.
- 8Serve immediately with nacho chips for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mexican Black Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 564.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: