- 1 ripe breadfruit (skin should be yellow and brown, flesh soft)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the breadfruit and remove core by pulling stem.
- Trim top edge of the breadfruit if needed.
- Fill cavity with butter and brown sugar.
- Cover breadfruit with foil and place in a baking pan with 1 cup water (to prevent scorching).
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- To serve, unwrap breadfruit and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop breadfruit with a large spoon to serve, making sure each piece is topped with some of the sugar and butter in the center.