Recipe by MarieRynr
Another perfect one if you've got friends coming around for the evening. Sling it in the oven and work your way through a bottle of wine while it's cooking...
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
What a delightful dish! I doubled the sauce part and instead of rice, I cooked orzo by itself and then served the chicken with its sauce on top. Comments from my students..."I think this would be better with rice"...should have followed your recipe fully! Chicken was very tender. I also doubled the garlic because I love it.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (organic or free range)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinkly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 325 g long grain rice
- 400 ml dry white wine
- 1 (1 liter) cartonpureed tomatoes (passata)
- 1 cup pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil leaves, torn into pieces,save a few leaves to serve.
- parmesan cheese, shavings to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180*C.
- Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole (You'll need one with a lid) and brown the chicken all over.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Fry the onion and red pepper in the casserole for a couple of minutes, then stir in the garlic and rice.
- Pour in the wine and passata and add the olives, sun dried tomatoes and basil.
- Season, stir well and bring to a simmer.
- REturn the chicken to the pan, push it into the liquid.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Scatter with basil leaves, Parmesan and a grinding of pepper to serve.