A healthier version of meatballs!
Make and share this Baked Meatballs in Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g ground turkey
- 236.59 ml brown rice, uncooked
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 36.97 ml parsley, dried
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml thyme, dried
- 1.23 ml rosemary, dried
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 907.18 g campbell's tomato soup, undiluted
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 591.47 ml beef broth, hot
- 793.78 g stewed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large non-stick skillet cook celery, green pepper, and red onion until just beginning to soften. Add mix to a large bowl and stir in the brown rice, parsley, kosher salt, thyme, rosemary and black pepper. Set aside until cool enough to handle. When cool add ground turkey and work together until well combined and form into 16 evenly sized meatballs.
- Grease or use cooking spray on large casserole dish and place meatballs gently. In a large bowl add the undiluted tomato soup, worcestershire sauce, hot beef broth, stewed tomatoes and stir well. Pour mixture over meatballs and cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake for approximately 2 hours and turn meatballs twice during cooking.