Recipe by Lee in Texas
These meatballs are the centerpiece to your quickest meals. We add them to our favorite jar sauce, MONJUNI'S. This sauce is slightly sweet and just wonderful. Take a loaf of French bread and make a super meatball sandwich. The bang far out weighs the bucks on this one.
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups breadcrumbs (make from Zesty Italian Croutons ground in processor)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Knead with fingers all ingredients until finely mixed.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering with foil.
- Place a standing rack inside.
- Form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place on the rack.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 for the next 10 minutes.
- Let meatballs rest at room temperature for 10 minutes then FREEZE.
- These are great for taking out in the amount that you need and adding to your favorite jar sauce.
- Can't be beat!