Recipe by Poker
This was something that my mother use to make & was all ways my favorite, so I had to learn how to make them myself. I add more garlic to the ground beef & have them with mash potatoes. Never had anyone say they didn't like them. Also, make great grinders with the soup!
Top Review by Lorac
A great comfort food recipe! I was planning on having leftovers for tomorrow night's dinner but DH has already had more than his share and in case he should wake up during the night, he plans on having more. If that doesn't happen - it's breakfast! I was concerned about the baking powder but the meatballs were so light that I will use it in other recipes. I added the baking powder and seasonings to the milk and bread mixture. The only thing I did different was to double the amount of poultry seasoning. Thanks Poker - it's a keeper!
- 5 slices bread
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup of warm milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread in milk; crumble.
- Add meat, salt, baking powder, onions and poultry seasoning.
- Mix well; shape into 1 1/4-inch (diam) balls.
- Add garlic and margarine in fry pan. Cook meatballs until brown. Pour off excess fat.
- Add soup and water; bring to boil. Put in casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.