Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation of Alton Brown's Baked Meatballs recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 98% fat free lean ground turkey
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 whole egg
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, pork, spinach, cheese, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes and 1/2 of the bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Use immediately or place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Place the remaining bread crumbs into a small bowl. Using a scale, weigh meatballs into 1.5-ounce portions and place on a sheet pan. Using your hands, shape the meatballs into rounds, roll in the bread crumbs and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.