I LOVE this recipe! These are the most fantastic meatballs ever. They don't need sauce (but are great with it). From my hero, Alton Brown.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 lb ground round
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb, divided (I needed about 1 cup total)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pork, lamb, ground round, spinach, cheese, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. Using hands, mix all ingredients until well incorporated, but do not overmix or meatballs will be tough. Refrigerate overnite.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup of bread (you'll need more than this)in a small bowl. Weigh meatballs into 1.5 oz. portions and place on a sheet pan. Using hands, shape meatballs into rounds, roll in bread crumbs and place balls in individual miniature muffin tin cups (I used disposable aluminum ones). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.