Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This baked meatballs recipe is excellent as a main dish or side dish. Serve the baked meatballs by themselves with spaghetti sauce, or in spaghetti, or make a meatball sandwich with them. For a different taste, try using ground turkey in place of ground beef.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking sheet with oil.
- In a small skillet, add onions to 1 tablespoon oil until onions are tender.
- Mix other ingredients in a bowl, then add onions.
- Mix with a large spoon to blend ingredients together.
- Shape into meatballs 1 to 2 inches in diameter and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
These are easy to make and are wonderful. I have made these for a spaghetti dinner at church and they were a great hit.
JUST made these with ground moose. they came out really delicate and delicious. had to cook them a little longer-made some big meatballs! yay!
These are great! I made these for Christmas Eve for an appetizer. We threw them in chili sauce, cranberry sauce, 1 tbs lemon juice, and 2 tbs brown sugar. They are very moist and flavorful, and we'll definitely be making them again! Can't wait to try them in spaghetti.