1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This sounds like a great side dish. From Bon Appetit 11/95.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place garlic in small ovenproof cup or ramekin.
- 3Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over garlic.
- 4Bake until garlic is very soft, about 25 minutes.
- 5Cool; peel garlic, reserving oil in cup.
- 6Brush 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 7Cook all potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes.
- 8Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 9Return all potatoes to same pot.
- 10Add milk, butter, rosemary, roasted garlic, and reserved oil to potatoes.
- 11Mash until smooth and fluffy, adding enough reserved cooking lluqid to thin to desired consistency.
- 12Mix in 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Spoon potatoes into prepared dish.
- 15Sprinkle 3 teaspoons cheese over potatoes; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.).
- 16Preheat oven to 350.
- 17Bake potatoes uncovered until heated through and golden on top, about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mashed Potatoes and Yams With Garlic and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 135.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g