Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from a PBS telethon cooking show. This casserole is loaded with mashed potatoes, cheese, butter and hard salami, then baked till hot and cheesy! It sounds wonderful. I have not made this recipe, it is a recipe request.
- To the warm mashed potatoes, add 6 tablespoons butter and all the milk.
- Whip until smooth.
- Add both cheeses and the salami.
- Stir to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of a tall sided casserole dish.
- Coat the greased casserole with the bread crumbs.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the casserole dish and, dot the top with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Bake at 350°F until the top of casserole is golden brown (about 40-50 minutes).
This was a perfect side dish! My DH loved the salami, my son was skeptical at first, but liked it too. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe. :)
These are really good. I used up the leftover potatoes from Thanksgiving (about a 3 lb butter tub full) and since I had used milk and butter to mash them I didn't add the milk and butter called for in the recipe. I also sprinkled them very generously with salt, freshly ground pepper, seasoning salt and most importantly lots of garlic powder. I didn't add the salami because I didn't have any and baked it for 50 minutes. It browned up beautifully and everyone liked it. Now I have a good way to use up leftovers - thanks for posting!