Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my cousin. Our family loves homemade mashed potatoes any way you fix them, and this is one of the many ways we enjoy them. Prep time does not include cook time for the potatoes.
- 5 lbs potatoes, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream cooked potatoes, cream cheese sour cream and butter.
- Add onions, salt and pepper.
- Put in 13x9 inch baking dish which has been oiled.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
A very good make ahead mashed potato recipe.
This is an AWESOME recipe! I have my Great Grandmother's version (so at least 4 generations worth!) and it was called Twice Cooked Potatoes. The only variance for it was adding a tablespoon (+/- to taste) of minced garlic. Either way, mashed potatoes are guaranteed DELISH!
This is now my "go to" recipe for mashed potatoes. Absolutely delicious. Leftovers were just as good.