Recipe by Nori M
I couldn't wait for Christmas Eve dinner at my aunt's house because she always whipped these up for us. It always makes us come back for 2nds and 3rds. The nice thing about this recipe is that it can be made the day before. Sprinkle the cracker/butter mixture on top right before baking and bake for 45-60 mins.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes.
- Place in a small bowl and add milk, salt and 1 TB butter.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold in egg, sour cream, cottage cheese and onion.
- Place in greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish (8x8 pan).
- Combine crushed crackers and 1 TB butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 20 - 30 mins at 350*.