Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The potato chip (potato crisp, to the Brits) topping sets this casserole apart from the crowd. The last time I made this, I used Old Bay Seasoning-flavoured chips.
- 1 lb backfin crab meat
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- paprika, to taste
- lemon, to garnish
- Combine everything but potato chips and paprika.
- Pour into a 2½-quart casserole dish.
- Top with potato chips and paprika.
- Bake in oven at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This was OK. Neither of my girls liked it too much. They didn't like the "crunchy" things ie celery and peppers. I thought it needed something. I think it would be a great sauce over pasta. Just personal preference.